Relationships and their sustenance (or maintenance) seem to be the order of the day…what are the parameters?? Where do you draw the line…how much is too much etc… I am about to dissect one such relationship….”of mother-in-laws with their daughter-in-laws!!!!”’
Why is this relationship full of tension… the daughter-in-law comes from a different family…everything is new for her in her husbands house…so has to be given a lot of space for her to adjust to the new household…but whereas in most of the cases (well almost all) she is the one who is expected to adjust the reasoning that is given is that since she is the younger one, hence the more malleable one…and I thought the older you get maturity and patience also increases…I guess I was grossly mistaken!!!
My question is isn’t marriage a two way street…. it’s a give and take kinda relationship which was shattered the moment I myself became a daughter-in-law… I am not a big believer of “first impression is the last impression’’, but in the case of MIL & DIL relationship it is so true… the treatment that a DIL gets initially lasts for life (usually irreversible…) …if she isn’t accepted with a open mind and her actions are put under microscopic scrutiny…it just stifles her…. She is expected to call the MIL mom, but the liberties that she enjoyed with her own mom are denied and are unacceptable… it’s such farcical and hypocritical relationship…I think I have whined quite enough for now….more later…ciao!!!
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment